Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: EWS and Windows XP

  1. #1
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Whoa, long time since last posting...

    Ok, not much to say but seems like EWS64XL works with W2K drivers at start. Do not expect anything new since W2K but it works...

    Only problem I have is that I cannot install EWS-W2K applications, but sound comes out ok.
    (Win XP Prof. OEM)

    More info to come...
    (no mails about giving you XP, plz. That won't happend!)
    ------------------
    ... mmm, coffeebreak!
    [email protected] http://www.k4web.net

    [This message has been edited by KKu (edited October 11, 2001).]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Goldio's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2000
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    lo all,

    xp is great!
    but didn?t get my ews64xxl to work!
    in w2k the ews didn?t work too.

    in a beta-release of xp the ews works well. but why???
    i don?t understand it. the options of the ews-config are the same.

    any ideas`?`

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    ok, first of all, forget PNP! Doesn't work!

    Also, check your settings in ews64cfg (DOS) before and check them again in XP, should work that way... I had same problem.

    .K

    ------------------
    ... mmm, coffeebreak!
    [email protected] http://www.k4web.net

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ian Peaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2001
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I think a lot of people will be interested in this subject from now on. Perhaps we can gather all possible information about compatibility issues between the EWS64 and Windows XP.

    Is it, or will it ever be, a truly viable option for the EWS64? Can one really make serious music productions this way, or is it always a compromise?

    Personally I'd like to upgrade to XP Pro (largely for twin processor support), but only if the card works as it was designed to.

    ------------------
    ensemble el?cian
    "Changing the face of Concert-going..."
    www.elucian.com

  5. #5
    Inactive Member wavdancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2001
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had similar problems with XP.

    I used ews64cfg.exe under DOS to set the IRQ?s and E/A?s, then reserved the IRQ?s in BIOS.

    Then I removed the Synth and Digital-Control Drivers in Device-Manager.

    After a reboot, I cancelled installation of Digital-Control and installed the Synth first.

    After a reboot my System found the Digital-Control an installed the drivers.

    I don?t know why it worked that way, but as I had the same problem under Win2k, I think it?s important not to use Plug&Pray and to install the Synth driver before installing the Digital-Control.

    sH

    ------------------

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ketoglutarat's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 8th, 2000
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I?v Problems getting the Codec-Driver running unde XP. Does anybody know the best
    ews64cfg settings for XP ?

    My solution till now ist to force BIOS to reserve DMA 0 & 1 and IRQs 5 (WSS), 11 (MIDI1) & 15 (MIDI2) to LEGACY ISA !

    Then the Win2000 drivers work (except of my Codec-Driver) perferctly.

    ------------------

  7. #7
    Junior Hostboard Member Karen47's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2022
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: EWS and Windows XP

    The EWS at the University of Chicago is a widely used and reliable service that many students use to connect to the internet, store files and more. But it has a weakness - Windows XP doesn't work well with it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •